Splendid space shot
- There is Exactly One Known Remaining Jew in Afghanistan, He Sells Kababs
- Pistachios were dyed red to cover imperfections on the shells due to the harvesting methods when grown in the Middle East. But now 98% of pistachios are grown in California, which why you don’t see red pistachios anymore.
- Separating bananas slows down ripening process
- Richard Nixon proposed to his wife on their first date. He pursued her for two years before she said yes. He even drove her on dates with other men during that time, hoping to win her over.
- Dave Grohl’s hometown of Warren, Ohio honored him with gigantic 902 lb drumsticks. The massive pair broke the Guinness World Record.
- Paul McCartney used the pseudonym “Bernard Webb” on the song, “Woman” to prove that his music would be successful no matter who took credit for it. And sure enough, “Woman” went to #14 on the U.S. pop charts and #28 in the UK.
- The world record for longest, most accurate shot with a bow is made by an armless man, hitting the target 230 yards away.
- The urban legend of carrots giving night vision was invented as a cover-up by the British RAF in WWII. They were able to shoot down German planes at night using radar; rather than letting the enemy know about their technology, they claimed it was carrots that gave the gunners night vision