Splendid space shot
- In 2004, 200 women in India, armed with vegetable knives , stormed into a courtroom and hacked to death a serial rapist whose trial was underway. Then every woman claimed responsibility for the murder.
- a killer whale at the Miami Seaquarium named Hugo, committed suicide by repeatedly bashing his head into the walls of his tank.
- New Zealand’s native Māori make up only 15% of the population, but over 50% of the imprisoned population
- 85% of chinese people share only 100 surnames, and that “Li” and “Zhang” covers 13% of the chinese population.
- In 2 episodes of the first season of The Simpsons, Lou the cop, was colored yellow. It wasn’t till Season 2 that they kept him black.
- when Mel Blanc, famous Loony Toons voice actor, fell into a coma, he was unresponsive until a neurosurgeon addressed him as Bugs Bunny… to which he replied, “Myeeeeh. What’s up doc?”
- Serial killer and cannibal Richard Chase only broke into houses that were unlocked. If they were locked, he thought it meant he was unwelcome but if they were not he saw it as an invitation to enter.
- the English invented a machine that functioned as both an alarm clock and a kettle. They were designed so the user would have a freshly made cup of tea at their bedside as soon as they woke up in the morning.
- In 2001 a Columbine-style attack on a San Jose, CA community college was averted because a photo lab employee called the police when she was processing photos of the student posing with guns and homemade bombs. The police were waiting for him when he returned for his photos
Sick site, yo!