- Mythbusters was going to investigate the insecurities and flaws of the RFID chips in credit cards, but they were strong-armed out of it by the legal counsel of the credit card industry
- three hunters in Oregon were discovered dead around their campsite with no marks or signs of a struggle. The only unusual thing was the discovery of a dead newt in the coffee pot that was later found to produce Tetradotoxin – a poison 10,000x more potent than cyanide.
- Helen Mirren pretended to be Queen Elizabeth to fulfill a 10 year old’s dying wish. They had tea, and he had no idea it wasn’t the real thing.
- Walt Disney planned his own city where everybody would be employed and working for Disney in some way. They would all pay rent for the priviledge of living there and would always be ensured the latest technology in their homes.
- Asphalt pavement is not only America’s most recycled and reused material, it now is being recycled and reused at a rate over 99 percent.
- George Washington and Samuel Adams, both considered to be leaders of the American Revolution, refused to join a political party because they believed the idea would divide Congress. They’re instead only identified as Whigs, a common name for those supporting independence.
- in 1959 the USPS attempted to deliver mail via cruise missile and successfully shipped 3,000 pieces of mail from Virginia to Florida in 22 minutes.
- If you ever get tingling waves of pleasure down your spine in relaxing situations, like when someone is whispering in your ear, it’s a real condition called “autonomous sensory meridian response” and there are YouTube channels dedicated to inducing it
Appealing (Android) App