Splendid space shot
- Actress Carrey Mulligan and singer Marcus Mumford were childhood pen pals who lost contact. Each found fame and were reintroduced to each other as adults and fell in love. They are now married.
- In Switzerland, Rabies has been virtually eradicated after scientists placed chicken heads laced with a vaccine in the Swiss Alps. The foxes of Switzerland, proven to be the main source of rabies in the country, ate the chicken heads and immunized themselves.
- the Normandy beach landing scene in Spielberg’s Saving Private Ryan cost $12Million alone, employed use of over 1,500 extras and has been rated ‘the best battle scene of all time’ by Empire magazine
- in the USA, you are statistically about twice as likely to kill yourself rather than be murdered.
- the most profitable item on McDonald’s menu is its fountain drink. It costs between 13 and 18 cents to produce a drink. Therefore, when you buy a fountain drink for $1.00, they are gaining more than 80% profit per fountain drink.
- there exists a condition that is the opposite of paranoia. Pronoia is the delusion that a massive conspiracy exists to aid you.
- Minneapolis named a series of streets after presidents – in the order of their election – to help immigrants prepare for the citizenship exam.
Sick site, yo