Splendid space shot
- When Canadian Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau found out Nixon called him an “asshole”, he replied “I’ve been called worse things by better people.”
- a man in Yellowstone has an 800 pound pet grizzly bear named Brutus. Brutus was the best man at his wedding and sits at the table with them at thanksgiving
- when Teddy Roosevelt was a young child, doctors prescribed him whiskey and cigars to relieve his severe asthma.
- the number of fires in the US declined more than 50% from 1981 to 2011, due to reduced smoking and fire-resistant materials, and that only 5% of calls for firefighters are now fires
- in preparation for the World Cup in Brazil there were over 250,000 citizens involuntarily removed from there homes for construction and other World Cup accommodation purposes.
- in 1985 Father-In-Law of Howard Schultz sat him down to say “My daughter’s 7 months pregnant and it’s time her husband forgot his hobby and got a real job.” When Howard told his wife she said “No, we’re going to do it.” In 1986 the Schultz’s opened their 1st coffee bar and called it Starbucks
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), much like the FBI, has its own list of most wanted fugitives.
- up until the 18th century, the fork was considered an elitist tool used by the (primarily Italian) upper class. Other Europeans considered it “unmanly,” “excessive,” and “an insult to God.”