- During WW2, captured German officers, sent to Britain as POWs, lived in luxury in Trent Park. This was done to make them feel relaxed. However, they were being listened to by 100 ‘listeners’. They revealed secrets about the holocaust, events in Berlin, Hitlers madness and V2 rocket bases.
- a neutron star is so dense that if an object was dropped from one meter above the star’s surface, it would hit the surface at a speed of 7.2 million km per hour
- Ronaldinho’s commercial deal with Coca-Cola was terminated after he was caught drinking Pepsi at a press conference.
- In Germany, Father’s Day is celebrated by groups of males going hiking with one or more smaller wagons filled with wine or beer and traditional regional food. Many use this day to get drunk, and alcohol-related traffic accidents multiply by three on this day.
- in 1994, a convicted murderer was granted a retrial after it came to light that four of his jurors had used a Ouija board to consult the victim before rendering a verdict.
- at an Amazon.com warehouse in Pennsylvania, workers were required to work — in some cases walking 15 miles a day — in 100+ degree heat. When the news broke, Amazon’s initial response was to keep an ambulance outside the warehouse.
- there are only 5 countries in the world that still use Fahrenheit to measure temperature, the Bahamas, Belize, the Cayman Islands, Palau, and the United States
A farmer goes into town to purchase a young cock for his farm.
He finds a pet shop selling roosters and asks around for the youngest, most fit cock they have available to service his hens. In no time at all the salesrep directs him to a magnificent specimen, a real champ in the making, lean, strong, and quick as a switch to do his deed and be on to the next one.
Thinking the asking price is fair for such a good rooster, the farmer buys him and when they get home he shoos the rooster toward the hen house and watches in amazement as the new cock takes straight to his task, servicing one, two, three, four hens in as many minutes. Within fifteen he’s still going strong, and the farmer calls out, “You better slow down there boy, you’re going to die if you keep up that pace!”
The rooster keeps going with no mind to the farmer and the man decides to get on with the rest of his own duties for the day, assuming sooner or late the newcomer will tire out.
To his amazement he finds the cock mounting the cows in the field some time later, and then the horses in the barn, and by mid afternoon the pigs in the sty! “He’s insatiable,” the farmer says, wondering exactly how long this will go on. By nightfall the rooster’s filled every animal on the farm and seems to show no sign of slowing down as the moon rises.
The next day when the farmer awakens and goes to check on things, he finds the rooster laying dead in the middle of the yard with the telltale shadow of vultures circling about overhead. He can’t help but admire the cock’s tenacity and stamina and walks out to its corpse, squatting down to pat it on the back. “I warned you,” he says with a sigh.
The rooster’s head leans up and responds, “Ssh, you’ll scare away the vultures.”