- John Quincy Adams chose to be sworn in as President of the United States on a book of law instead of the Bible because he wanted to swear upon the Constitution.
- to get the role of Jim Morrison, Val Kilmer learned 50 Doors songs. He sung them so well that when they heard him sing them, the real members of the Doors couldn’t tell whether it was his, or Jim Morrison’s voice.
- Psychologist Timothy Leary designed tests given to prisoners. After being convicted of drug crimes, he answered his tests in such a way that he was assigned to work as a gardener at a low-security prison from which he escaped
- there is a mountain in Australia named Mt. Disappointment, named as the explorers found the view from it sub par and wanted to reflect that.
- Up until the 17th century humans practiced 2 sleeps a day instead of the modern uninterrupted 8 hour a night norm. Studies have shown that the idea of 2 sleeps is much more in tune in what our bodies actually want us to do.
- The last line of the Pink Floyd album The Wall is “Isn’t this where…” this is related to first line of the album “…we came in?” suggesting to the audience that all the events of The Wall are continuous.