- Jeffrey Dahmer, also known as the Milwaukee Cannibal, accidentally consumed the sedated drink that he made for his victim, fell asleep, and was robbed of 300 USD and a watch. Naturally, he did not report the incident.
- bottlenose dolphins have longest memory among non-humans – they can recognize whistles of their mates after being separated for more than 20 years
- Google intends to scan all known existing 130 million books, totaling 4 billion digital pages and 2 trillion words and plans to have it finished by the end of the decade.
- first recorded flight of a human with artificial wings happened in the year 6 CE. Emperor Kao Yang liked to strap kites to his prisoners and throw them off of towers. One lucky guy, Yuan Huang T’ou, got a kite that worked well enough to carry him safely to the ground.
- in 2008 a beach was stolen in Jamaica. The 500 truckloads of sand remain missing to this very day.
- there is only one unsolved airline hijacking case in the history of the U.S. The hijacker parachuted out of the plane after receiving his demands, and was described as “thoughtful and polite” by his hostage.
Appealing (Android) App