- A man committed to a high-security psychiatric hospital 7 years ago for fabricating a story of large scale money-laundering at a major bank is to have his case reviewed after internal bank documents proving the validity of his claims have been leaked.
- Hitler’s plan for Moscow was to kill all residents and replace it with a lake
- A woman filing for public assistance failed 4 DNA tests to prove maternity of her children. She was taken to court and risked losing custody. It was later discovered she had absorbed her twin in the womb and her reproductive organs carried different DNA to other parts of her body.
- the U.S. does not use bills over $100 because President Nixon wanted to make it harder to move large amounts of money across borders for drug trading.
- there will be a full moon on this coming Friday the 13th. There won’t be another Friday the 13th with a full moon until 2049.
- smallpox is the first and only disease that has ever been eradicated. Smallpox now only exists in high security labs in Russia and the US. Vaccinations played a major role in achieving this eradication.
- India celebrates children’s day on Nov 14, exactly 9 months after Valentines day.