Splendid space shot
- in 2010, when Tokyo officials went to congratulate the oldest man in the city on his 111th birthday, they instead found his skeletal remains on his bed. He had been dead for 30 years and the family was taking in the pension money he was still receiving.
- in lieu of money, Toyota donated efficiency to the Food Bank of NYC. Their experts cut wait times in a Harlem soup kitchen from 90 minutes to 18 minutes. In one Brooklyn warehouse, simply changing the size of boxes allowed workers to cut packing time from 3 minutes to just 11 seconds.
- a spear becomes a pike when it is long enough that it cannot be wielded with one hand in combat
- the word “junkie” originates from the 1920’s when drug addicts stole scrap metal to fund their addiction.
- the Aztecs fought with a “Macuahuitl” – a wooden sword embedded with prismatic blades made from obsidian, a volcanic glass stone. According to reports from Spanish conquistadors, it was sharp enough to decapitate a man and even a horse.
- There was so much fighting on the Normandy beaches on D-Day, that it is estimated about 4% of the sand is actually shrapnel
- Maleficent wasn’t originally in Sleeping Beauty. The girl fell asleep due to a splinter. After, her grieving father abandons her in the house. A King finds and rapes her, then also abandons her. While unconscious, she gives birth to twins who wake her. The King returns later and they marry.