- Google sent a lone employee to map an entire abandoned Japanese island, which was once the most densely-populated place on Earth
- “47 Ronin” Starring Keanu Reeves was the biggest box office flop in history. Losing over $149 million, enough to put universal deep in the red in 2013.
- so many government cover-ups by the Soviet Union were uncovered through Gorbachev’s Perestroika reforms that all school history exams were cancelled in the 1988 school year.
- engineers building a bridge between Germany and Switzerland found that when the two halves met their elevations differed by 54 cm. Germany bases sea level on the North Sea, and Switzerland by the Mediterranean; someone messed up the correction, doubling it instead of cancelling it out.
- North Koreans once attended a UN meeting with AK-47s underneath their jackets. Rather than confront them about it, American officers turned up the temperature in the room to make them sweat under their heavy clothes.
- the Queen of Denmark illustrated the artwork for the Danish edition of The Lord of the Rings
- in the 1990s, Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak submitted so many high scores for Tetris to Nintendo Power they would no longer print them, so he started sending them as “Evets Kainzow”.
A man is fishing when he hears a voice. Fish over here. He looks down and sees a frog. Really fish over here. So he does and catches his limit. The man decides to take the frog home when it says a branch is gonna fall just as the man moves out of the way saving both their lives. Deciding the frog is lucky he takes it to vegas. Put it all on 00 on roulette. Doing so the man hits it for a million. So he rents the presidential suite and they bask in the hot tub for a while and lay on the bed. The man says wow, you’ve done so much for me I wish there was something I could do for you. The frog says kiss me so he soes and poof! The frog turns into a beautiful 17 year old girl and I swear to god that’s how she got there your honor.