- Keith Richards heard the riff to “(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction” in a dream. He woke up, played the riff on a tape recorder and mumbled “I can’t get no satisfaction” and went back to sleep.
- during World War II, prisoners of war in Canada were treated so nicely that they didn’t want to leave Canada when released.
- May 25th is “Towel Day”. People around the world wear a towel to remember Douglas Adams who wrote about why towels are so great for interstellar hitchhikers in The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy.
- In 1961 the US accidentally dropped a nuclear bomb on a small town in North Carolina. It was 1 low voltage switch away from actually detonating.
- the German Empire in its 47 years of existence, won more Nobel Prizes in science than Britain, France, Russia and the USA combined.
- More than 2,500 left-handed people are killed every year from using equipment meant for right-handed people.
Gay (as happy) game