- in WW2 German field marshal Erwin Rommel would often personally pilot a reconnaissance aircraft over the battle to view the situation. Although Rommel did not have a pilot’s license, his skill with machinery made him a competent pilot, and none of the Luftwaffe officers had the nerve to stop him
- green visors accountants used to wear helped lessen eyestrain from harsh incandescent lights.
- Switzerland has enough underground shelter to house the entire country’s population… and then some.
- in WWII a British pilot made an emergency landing on an Italian island, only to have the island surrender to him.
- Sean Connery was offered to play in Manchester United, but chose to decline it and move on to the film industry.
- in 1881 a woman got away with murdering a man who broke off their engagement by using the “hysteria defense,” i.e., a doctor told the jury that “Any virtuous woman when deprived of her virtue would go mad, undoubtedly.” The jury acquitted her in 20 minutes.