- The Samurai wore a cloak that inflated when the wearer was riding a horse, which protected him from incoming arrows from behind.
- during a Roman Triumph, which were rare, spectacular parades commemorating the honor awarded to a victorious Roman general by the Senate, a slave would have to accompany the honored while whispering “Remember: you will die” into their ear so that they may not let the honor go to their head.
- Gypsy is actually short for Egyptian.
- Neil deGrasse Tyson was a undefeated high school wrestling captain and wrestled for Harvard.
- a month after the nuclear bombing of Hiroshima, a massive typhoon hit the city, killing 2,000
- Supermassive Black Holes in the centers of galaxies can be 11 times bigger than Neptune’s entire orbit, and spin at almost the speed of light.
A little girl ask her granddad…
“Would you make a frog noise for me?” The grandad, confused asks, “why?” The little girl replies, “dad says when you croak we are all going to Disneyland”.