- Betty Crocker included the instruction to ‘add an egg’ to their cake mix because it was too easy to make and housewives had felt guilty using it.
- wasabi has been researched as a fire alarm for the deaf. When tested, the subject woke up within 10 seconds of the vapor being sprayed in his room.
- Homosexuality was still classified as an illness in Sweden in 1979. Swedes protested by calling in sick to work, claiming they felt gay.
- there are myths of an advanced civilization of red haired people who disappeared after the last ice age (5,000+ years ago)
- when Liam Neeson was asked about the potential for another sequel in this ‘Taken’ film franchise, he responded, “I don’t think there’ll be a ‘Taken 3.’ She can’t get taken again. That’s just bad parenting.”
An old man calls up his son and says, “Listen, your mother and I are getting divorced. Forty-five years of misery is enough.”
“Dad, what are you talking about?” the son screams.
“We can’t stand the sight of each other any longer,” he says. “I’m sick of her face, and I’m sick of talking about this, so call your sister and tell her,” and he hangs up.
Now, the son is worried. So he calls up his sister. She says, “Like hell they’re getting divorced!” and calls her father immediately. “You’re not getting divorced! Don’t do another thing, the two of us are flying home tomorrow to talk about this. Until then, don’t call a lawyer, don’t file a paper, DO YOU HEAR ME?” and she hangs up.
The old man turns to his wife and says “Okay, they’re coming for Christmas and paying their own airfare.”