- in the 90s a Penn State researcher introduced pigs to joy-stick controlled video games, and in weeks they would begin to “beg to play video games. They beg to be the first ones out of their pens, then they trot up the ramp to play.”
- Toy Story 2 got deleted from Pixar but was recovered by an employee who saved the movie to her computer at home while on maternal leave.
- The Turkish government denies that the persecution of Armenians can be referred to as ‘genocide’, despite the fact that the term ‘genocide’ was coined in 1943 by Raphael Lemkin specifically to describe the killing of the Armenians by the Ottoman Turks.
- sand tiger shark fetuses kill and eat each other in the womb. Only the strongest survives to be born ‘a metre long and already an experienced killer’
- The original word for “bear” (the animal) has been lost. Superstitious people in medieval times thought that saying the ferocious animal’s name would summon it, so they used a euphemism that meant “the brown one” (“bear”) … The original word was never recorded, so it remains a mystery.
Wicked Wikipedia article
- A man was found wandering the streets in Kent (England), wearing a soaking wet suit and tie. He refused to speak. During the more than four months that passed until he revealed his identity, the mysterious story spawned media attention and speculation across the world. He was dubbed the Piano Man.
- Charlie Brown and Franz Stigler incident occurred in 1943 when a German fighter pilot refused to shoot down a crippled American bomber and escorted him off enemy grounds to the North Sea, the two met 40 years later and became friends
- Fairy Rings
Articulate (Reddit) article
- ELI5: Why does my head produce a seemingly infinite amount of mucous when im sick?
- ELI5:Why can you feel eye contact?
- Why can humans eat onions?
- What’s the reason I don’t remember every moment in my life? Is it because my brain is not recording every moment or my brain cannot retrieve what it has recorded?
- Why do we go temporarily deaf when yawning?