Splendid space shot
- Andromeda’s collision with the Millky Way: NASA and ESA use a computer simulation to produce these awesome pictures
- a scientist from Utah used his obituary to confess that not only had he never graduated from college or got a Ph.D, but that he never even learned what Ph.D stood for.
- after the fall of the Roman Empire the technology to make concrete was lost for 1000 years.
- because their shows were so large, Van Halen inserted a clause in the middle of its contract requesting a bowl of M&Ms in the dressing room with all brown pieces removed. If they were not removed, they line-checked the entire production, often finding potentially life threatening oversights.
- the Huns had no writing system, and thus all records of them were written by their enemies — who universally describe them as nearly monstrous in appearance, speech, and behavior.
- US eggs would be illegal in a British supermarket because they are washed. British eggs are illegal in US markets because they’re unwashed.
- future King Henry V was struck in the face by an arrow in his first battle leading soldiers. Rather than leave the field, he reportedly stated that “he would rather die than stain his soldierly reputation by flight.” He was sixteen at the time.
Sick site, yo!