- That by following up on an ancient Russian way of keeping milk from going sour — by putting a frog in the bucket of milk — scientists have identified a wealth of new antibiotic substances.
- the sabre-tooth squirrel featured in the 2002 film Ice Age was fictional… until a real one was discovered in 2011.
- in 2006, the FBI planted a spy in a Southern California mosque and disguised him as a radical Muslim. The Muslims in the mosque ended up reporting him to the FBI for being a potentially dangerous extremist.
- a Brisbane golf course became infested with sharks after a river broke its banks and flooded the area. The sharks became stranded when the water receded, but now are thriving and even breeding.
- when there were no clocks, candle clocks were used that burned a set amount of hours. If you wanted an alarm, you pushed a nail at the desired time length in the candle and when it melted to that point, the nail would fall and clank on the metal holder alerting you.
Gay (as happy) game