- Colorado switched mile marker “420” to “419.99” in order to stop people from stealing it.
- in 1969, the U.S. under Nixon went into nuclear readiness alert and flew nuclear armed fighter jets along Soviet airspace for three days. This was part of Nixon’s Madman Theory, in which he tried to give off the image that he was unstable to make sure the Soviets would never provoke the U.S.
- Doritos were originally created by Disneyland to make use of left over tortillas
- FBI will reward $10000 to anyone who reports people who shoot lasers at planes.
- The Director of the Truman Show had the idea of installing a video camera in every theater where the movie played and having the projectionist cut from the film to the video of the audience
- During photosynthesis, plants emit light humans can’t see, but NASA can see that light from space—and they’ve made maps
An old man calls up his son and says, “Listen, your mother and I are getting divorced. Forty-five years of misery is enough.”
“Dad, what are you talking about?” the son screams.
“We can’t stand the sight of each other any longer,” he says. “I’m sick of her face, and I’m sick of talking about this, so call your sister and tell her,” and he hangs up.
Now, the son is worried. So he calls up his sister. She says, “Like hell they’re getting divorced!” and calls her father immediately. “You’re not getting divorced! Don’t do another thing, the two of us are flying home tomorrow to talk about this. Until then, don’t call a lawyer, don’t file a paper, DO YOU HEAR ME?” and she hangs up.
The old man turns to his wife and says “Okay, they’re coming for Christmas and paying their own airfare.”