- The only Japanese who survived the Titanic lost his job because he was known as a coward in Japan for not dying with the other passengers.
- although acne affects 79-95% of western adolescents, a study of non-westernized tribes in Papua New Guinea and Paraguay found no cases of acne.
- when Janni Schofield was not even a month old, she was able to correctly identify colors. At 1 year old, she could read. At 18 months, she could speak fluently. What her parents originally took for genius turned out to be a mask for something much darker caused by child-onset schizophrenia.
- 50% of Toronto’s populace was born outside Canada
- During truce talks between North and South Korea, both parties would try to bring a bigger national flag than the other to each meeting. This went on until a special meeting was called to address the size of the flags, as they could no longer fit in the room.
Wicked Wikipedia article
- Streets with this name were often in the busiest parts of medieval towns and cities
- Since 2007 several detached human feet have been discovered on the coasts of the Salish Sea in British Columbia and Washington
- “anyone who has ever gotten a cat into a bag knows that once out, it will not go back, suggesting the irreversibility of a told secret”
Articulate (Reddit) article
- What do roach sprays and barrier sprays actually DO to roaches to kill them?
- Does light decay?
- Does an insect’s exoskeleton heal from injury?
- Why does our throat “tighten” when we’re at the edge of tears?
- ELI5 Why does light travel?
- ELI5: I spilled tomato sauce on my shirt. Used a tide pen on the stain and it disappears. Where does the red stain colour disappear to?