- “The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. […] They contradict their parents […] and tyrannise their teachers.” is a quote from “The Clouds”, a Greek comedic play from 423 BC.
- Vin Diesel sent Steven Spielberg a video of his self-directed short movie with a letter about his admiration for the director. Spielberg then specifically wrote a role in Saving Private Ryan for him.
- one theory on why we are ticklish is that it serves as a mechanism for developing combat skills. Most often practiced from parent to child, tickling activates vulnerable areas on the body that develop a defensive reaction while producing laughter that encourages the ‘attacker’ to continue.
- Marie Curie’s daughter also received a Nobel prize in chemistry. And she also shared it with her husband.
- while millions of North Koreans starve, the nation’s rulers have taken up the habit of having McDonald’s hamburgers flown DAILY from China to Pyongyang (on North Korea’s national airline).
- scorpions evolved from huge aquatic sea scorpions and that 98% of today’s scorpions have a sting no worse than a bee
Gay (as happy) game