Splendid space shot
Articulate (Reddit) article
- in 2008, after becoming fed up with people uploading their videos to YouTube, Monty Python started their own channel, uploading HQ versions of their most popular sketches. The move resulted in a 23,000% increase in DVD sales.
- When developing the Macintosh computer, Steve Jobs wanted to add a small mysterious character who would appear after about every 1000 times you used an OS UI element. He would wink at you and disappear so fast that you wouldn’t be sure he was real.
- Dolph Lundgren’s house was broken into, and his wife tied up. The burglars saw a photo of Lundgren and fled realizing who’s house they were in.
- the director of Cannibal Holocaust Ruggero Deodato was accused of actually murdering the actors in the film to make the deaths more realistic. He had them sign a contract to stay out of the media for a year to make it seem like they had truely died.
- eBay once tried changing their background from yellow to white, but received complaints. So they reverted it to yellow, then gradually changed it to white over several months. Nobody complained.
- Three Yemeni men sued NASA for invading Mars. They claim that they “inherited the planet from our ancestors 3,000 years ago”. They based their argument on mythologies of the Himyaritic and Sabaean civilizations that existed several thousand years B.C.