- a surgeon was able to keep a chicken’s heart tissue alive for over 20 years without it being attached to a body, deeming the cells, “immortal.”
- In 2009, The Sun attacked Gordon Brown for misspelling the name of a soldier killed in Afghanistan, but in doing so misspelled the name themselves
- JFK purchased 1,200 Cuban cigars just hours before he ordered the Cuban Trade Embargo in 1962.
- Mormon families are encouraged by church leaders to be prepared for disasters, and that most Mormon families stockpile three months supplies of food and water and have community emergency plans in place wherever they are located.
- After needing 13 liters of blood for a surgery at the age of 13, a man named James Harrison pledged to donate blood once he turned 18. It was discovered that his blood contained a rare antigen which cured Rhesus disease. He has donated blood a record 1,000 times and saved 2,000,000 lives.
Gay (as happy) game