- 40 people die each year from shark attacks. 2500 die each year from using products intended for right-handed people despite being lefties.
- when a paper couldn’t think of a name for an article about Chris Hadfield they rang the Air Force who said “Just call it ‘Canadian Wins Top Test Pilot’ or something to that effect.” A friend sent Chris a copy of the article, it read “Canadian Wins Top Test Pilot or Something to that Effect”
- “In the Netherlands…new applicants for immigration are asked to look at photos of two men kissing and to report on whether the photos are offensive…and whether the views are willing to live in a democracy that values the rights of gay people to free expression”
- Aaron Paul & Bryan Cranston both got tattoos together when Breaking Bad ended.
- US and the USSR’s only direct military confrontation happened in October 1944, over the serbian town of Niš. It is considered top secret by both governments, and the exact number of casualties is unkown.