- Movie popcorn costs more per ounce than filet mignon
- on April 1, 2007, Google sent an email to its employees warning that a python was loose in its New York Office. It was not a joke.
- European Space Agency and EU are currently deploying an alternative to GPS, called “Galileo”. As well as being accurate to 1cm, it will also have a “Search and Rescue Service”, where distress signals can be picked up from anywhere on Earth. The full system will be completed by 2019.
- a submerged city in Nevada has resurfaced thanks to falling water levels, and is open to be explored by hikers.
- Genghis Khan’s chief adviser was a captured scholar named Yelu Chucai. His contribution to the Mongol Empire was to suggest that the Mongols not kill everyone, but tax them instead.
- the International Space Station is estimated to be the most expensive thing ever built ($150 billion)