- When ketchup is labeled “Fancy” it’s actually a USDA grade meaning it’s thicker than standard ketchup.
- there is a “Fruit Salad Tree” which can grow up to 6 different types of fruit.
- a marketer for Kraft Foods rotated their square Shreddies cereal 45 degrees, and re-marketed them as the new “Diamond Shreddies”. The new product showed a large increase in sales and test groups even reported a difference in flavor.
- Buddhists have been selecting monks to study science in order to create a curriculum including science education. This will be the first change in Tibetan monastery and scholastic curriculum in 600 years.
- sand from the Sahara is blown by the wind all the way to the Amazon, recharging its minerals. The desert literally fertilizes the rainforest.
- In North Korea it is the year 103, not 2014. This is because their calendar is based around the birth of Kim Il-Sung
A woman and a man are lying in bed next to each other when her phone rings.
She picks up, the man looks over at her and listens. She is speaking in a cheery voice, “Hi. I’m so glad you called. Really? That’s wonderful. I’m so happy for you. That sounds terrifiic. Great! Thanks. Okay. Bye bye.”
She hangs up and the man asks, “Who was that?”
“Oh,” she replies, “that was my husband telling me about the great time he’s having on his fishing trip with you.”