- There is a religion called Christian atheism. Practitioners believe in essentially the same things as traditional Christians except that the Bible is completely metaphorical and that God and/or Jesus is an allegory for human morality rather than a real being.
- Nicolas Cage (born Nicolas Coppola) changed his last name at the beginning of his career in order to avoid any favoritism he might receive as the nephew of the legendary director Francis Ford Coppola (directed “The Godfather”, “The Godfather II”, “Apocalypse Now”, among other movies).
- In 1963 San Francisco Giants manager Alvin Dark is said to have joked, They’ll put a man on the moon before pitcher Gaylord Perry hits a home run. 1 hour after the 1969 moon landing he hit his first career homerun.
- 400 TSA agents have been arrested for theft of passenger items while not one terrorist has been caught.
- the average American child eats 1,500 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches before he/she graduates high school.
- Japanese Honey Bees defend against Japanese Giant Hornets by surrounding the hornet and vibrating, generating heat, virtually cooking the hornet to death.
- the furthest a human being has ever been from Earth was when Apollo 13 passed around the far side of the moon on April 15, 1970. At their furthest point, the crew were 248,655 miles from Earth.
Gay (as happy) game