- Peter the Great made moustaches a requirement for every soldier in the Russian Army.
- Saturn has a moon called Mimus and it has a crater in it that makes it look look like the Death Star
- Jimi Hendrix played a song dedicated to MLK the night of his assassination that is described as one of the most hauntingly beautiful songs ever played. Nobody at the entire concert recorded it.
- Rage Against The Machine were told to censor the lyrics of Killing In The Name while performing live on BBC. They started out censored before launching into the full lyrics: “Fuck you, I won’t do what you tell me!”
- if you had a baseball-sized piece of neutron star material it would weigh 20 trillion kg, about 40 times the estimated weight of the entire human population
- Norway has over $800 billion invested for future generations. They only invest ethically, and have excluded companies like Boeing for making nukes, Raytheon for making cluster bombs, and Wal-Mart for human rights violations. The investments may be worth as much as $3.3 trillion by 2030.
Appealing (Android) App