Splendid space shot
- in 1918, pink was for boys because it is a stronger color, while the delicate blue was reserved for girls.
- when the Big Bang theory was first presented, most scientists rejected it for sounding too religious.
- the idea of left brain (logical) and right brain (creative) widely taught in psychology and schools has no basis in neuroscience and is in fact a myth.
- when Koko, the gorilla famous for knowing sign language, was asked where gorillas go after death, she responded by signing “Comfortable hole, bye.”
- there’s a species of bacteria so resistant to radiation that scientists have nicknamed it “Conan the Bacterium”
- In 1921, the Soviet Union sent the Red Army into Tuva (near Mongolia), under the pretense of protecting Russian interests, and held a “pseudo-referendum” that allowed the Soviet Union to annex that territory.
- Neil deGrasse Tyson danced Ballet, Jazz, Afro-Carribean, and Latin Ballroom style while attending Harvard. He also won a gold medal in Latin Ballroom style with the University of Texas dance team