- before Neil deGrasse Tyson went on The Daily Show, he paid attention to how many sentences Jon Stewart usually allowed before interrupting. He picked up on the kind of phrases Stewart liked to pick up on, which is why he described astronomy using sexually suggestive language.
- the original Super Mario Brothers game actually had 256 “hidden” glitch-filled levels that could be accessed by swapping out your cartridge with “Tennis” without turning the console off
- if you rub a grasshopper’s hind leg for five seconds every minute for four hours, it will trigger its brain to transform, swarm, and become locust
- 14 of the world’s 25 largest stadiums belong to American college football teams.
- Mongolia’s navy consists of a tugboat manned by 7 people, only one of whom can swim
- Anna Paquin went to an audition of The Piano because she had nothing better to do. Selected among 5,000 candidates for the role in The Piano she earned the 1993 Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress at the age of 11 making her the second-youngest Oscar winner in history.
Appealing (Android) App