- George C Scott refused to accept the Academy Award for Best Actor in 1971, and described the Oscar ceremony as “a two-hour meat parade”.
- In 2000 the KKK adopted a stretch of highway near St Louis, the MO government responded by renaming the road the “Rosa Parks Highway”.
- The Catholic Church allows eating beaver meat during lent.
- The “holes” in Swiss cheese are made by the same bacterium responsible for body odor
- Ashes of the man who discovered Pluto are on its way there
Wicked Wikipedia article
- Wallpaper groups; There are 17 possible groups. We have known and used them for a very long time.
- Letters of last resort
- List of common misconceptions
Articulate (Reddit) article
- Why do deserts/dried up lakes form polygon patterns of dried ground?
- Why does drinking electrolytes help keep a person hydrated but drinking salt water dehydrates them?
- Why is there a blood shortage? Hospitals charge like $800 per unit. Why don’t they pay $250 for a donation. Everyone would donate. ELI5
- ELI5: Why is the American flag backwards on the uniforms of Military personnel?
- ELI5: Why do the hands of old people shake involuntarily?