Splendid space shot
- The Beatles once approached Stanley Kubrick with the idea of shooting Lord of the Rings films… Starring themselves. Tolkein shot them down.
- In Georgia (the country) there are mountain passes that have been used by invading armies so many times that the farm houses have fortified towers.
- The theory of an infinite universe was first proposed by a Greek philosopher named Archytas of Tarentum ~400 B.C., reasoning that even if he did reach the end of the universe he would still be able extend his staff beyond the boundary.
- A soviet scientist killed his friend with an axe after losing in a game of chess in an Antarctic base. After this incident, Soviet authorities banned chess at their Antarctic bases.
- During World War 1 America called sauerkraut Liberty Cabbage to avoid a German sounding name