- Slovak agriculture scientists grew soy beans in the irradiated zone of Chernobyl to see how they would adapt. The plants adapted within a single generation, producing more protective proteins, including one that is known to help protect human blood from radiation.
- The Häagen-Dazs ice cream creator was American and made up the brand name to sound Danish, unique, and sophisticated. It doesn’t mean anything.
- Burma had an economic crisis in the late 80s because the president decided to cancel any currency that wasn’t divisible by 9 (his favorite number)
- George Washington died from a “sore throat”, even after three doctors administered care, all of whom bled him for multiple pints of blood (two pints in the last bleed alone).
- In 1947, a British South American Airways flight was flying normally over the Andes Mnts., 4 minutes from landing, but then it sent a morse code message ‘STENDEC’ three consecutive times, then vanished, the wreckage not to be found for 50 years. To this day, what ‘STENDEC’ meant is a mystery.
Appealing (Android) App