- “Kummerspeck” is a German term which refers to weight gain from emotional over-eating, and is literally translated as “grief bacon”.
- The Looney Toons Golden Collection DVD’s have a disclaimer explaining racial stereotypes in some cartoon shorts, airing them unedited “because to do otherwise would be the same as to claim these prejudices never existed”.
- Mosquitoes prefer certain blood types, and people with the “O” blood type are more likely to get bitten.
- Lark Voorhies (Lisa Turtle from Saved by the Bell) wrote a book rife with grammatical errors and insane ramblings called “True Light”. The first paragraph alone has over 70 commas.
- Americans mostly eat white chicken meat and export the rest to Russia/Asia where dark meat is preferred, so most chickens get split in two and sent around the world.
- The gene for having six fingers is a dominant trait.