- When asked what his IQ was, Stephen Hawking said “I have no idea. People who boast about their IQ are losers”
- Since many female insects mate just once in their lives, insect populations can be controlled by releasing swarms of sterile males into the wild; the females mate with them, never have babies, and die. The method has eradicated populations of dangerous insects in several regions.
- Early American humans hunted car-size armadillos and used their shells for houses.
- James Gandolfini bought 450 watches — 40 of which made of gold — for the cast and crew of The Sopranos at the end of the serie. Total retail value: 2 million USD.
- In 1957, 92 percent of children were toilet-trained by the age of 18 months, studies found. Today the figure for 2-year-olds is just 4 percent. Only 60 percent of children have achieved mastery of the toilet by 36 months, and 2 percent remain untrained at the age of 4 years.
- There’s a bar in Ireland that opened in the year 900 A.D. and is still operational. It’s named “Sean’s Bar”