- The Creator of Sherlock Holmes, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, helped two falsely accused men out of prison after solving the already closed cases.
- Eminem has more Oscars than Leonardo Decaprio, Johnny Depp, Will Smith, George Lucas, and Bill Murray combined.
- Two Muslim men were kicked off a flight because of their traditional attire. They were heading to a conference on Islamaphobia.
- Sir Jeffrey Hudson, the Court Dwarf of Charles I, challenged a man who insulted him to a duel on horseback. The man thought it was a joke, and showed up to the duel with a squirt gun, instead of a real pistol. Unfortunately, Hudson was quite serious and shot the man in the head, killing him.
- People with poor mathematical skills, aren’t necessarily bad at math because they are ‘ungifted’. There is a phenomena called ‘Math Anxiety’ that makes people perform worse, which sometimes leads to math avoidance, which leads to lesser knowledge and consequently more Math anxiety.
Wicked Wikipedia article
- The Slow Movement advocates a cultural shift toward slowing down life’s pace so to combat time poverty, incivility, and workaholism
- Welsh folklore says the corgi is the preferred mount of fairy warriors. There is also a folk legend that says corgis were a gift from the woodland fairies, and that the breed’s markings were left on its coat by fairy harnesses and saddles.
- ..before his head was cut off,Valentine restored sight and hearing to the daughter of his jailer. On the day of his execution he left her a note that was signed “Your Valentine.”
Articulate (Reddit) article
- ELI5:Why does it thunder when it rains but almost never when it snows?
- ELI5:Why is belly fat so hard to lose?
- ELI5: How do people get into some of these Olympic sports to begin with like bobsledding or the luge?
- What local and global effects would an eruption at Yellowstone cause?
- How do Google’s driverless cars handle ice on roads?
- Why do so many medications have “HCl” in them?