- Paper can be recycled six times. After that, the fibres are too weak to hold together.
- In 1998, a woman disappeared while awaiting trial after she had drunkenly killed a woman in a fatal car crash. In 2013, she was arrested in Manitoba, Canada after bragging in a bar about having gotten away with the crime.
- The earliest artists were probably female: ‘Venus’ figures accurately depict what a woman sees looking at her own body.
- In the 1800’s the British actively pushed addictive Opium on the Chinese population to balance a trade deficit. China would only trade silver for tea and silk and the Brits were going broke. Solution: sell drugs… and it worked!
- Philo T. Farnsworth, the creator of the television, hated his invention until he saw the moon landing broadcasted on it in 1969.
- All pandas are owned by China. They rent them out to zoos for $1mil/year each with minimum of 10 years.
A Jewish grandmother is giving directions to her grown grandson who is coming to visit with his wife.
“You come to the front door of the apartment. I am in apartment 301. There is a big panel at the front door. With your elbow, push button 301. I will buzz you in. Come inside, the elevator is on the right. Get in and with your elbow, push 3. When you get out, I’m on the left. With your elbow, hit my doorbell.”
“Grandma, that sounds easy, but, why am I hitting all these buttons with my elbow?…….
“What….. You’re coming empty handed?”