- Pres Nixon invited Johnny Cash to perform 2 songs at the White House that deride hippy culture & welfare queens. Cash accepted the invite but instead played “The Ballad of Ira Hayes” (a mistreated Native American WWII vet), “What Is Truth” (pro-hippy), & “Man in Black” (anti-income inequality)
- There are whales alive today who were born before Moby Dick was written.
- The discoverer of penicillin also warned us early on about the possibility of antibiotic resistant bacteria due to misuse of antibiotics.
- Mahatma Gandhi used to travel with his goat so that he could have fresh milk.
- In 1518, a “dancing plague” struck Strasbourg, Alsace, whereby hundreds of people danced fervently in the streets over the period of a month. Some suffered heart attacks or strokes, and many others died from sheer exhaustion. It remains unexplained.
- The Islamic men of the Tuareg tribe in North Africa are required to wear a veil and cover their faces, instead of the women.
Gay (as happy) game