- The last King of Bhutan was so popular, the people protested when he revealed plans for Democracy.
- Some German cities have public “art libraries” where you pay up to five Euros to borrow paintings and sculptures from local artists to put into your own home for several months.
- The 1976 Olympics were a financial disaster for Montreal, as the city faced debts for 30 years after the Games had finished. It was only in December 2006 that the Olympic Stadium’s costs were finally paid in full.
- Astronauts eat tortillas instead of bread, so that breadcrumbs wouldn’t float in the cabin.
- North Korea holds elections every 5 years in which the ballots list only one candidate.