- Despite being nominated five times, Gandhi never won a Nobel Peace Prize. In 1948, the year he died, no one was awarded the prize as there were no suitable living candidates.
- Chinese courts have a 99.99% conviction rate (measured in 2009)
- When Irish UN peacekeepers were sieged during the Congo-UN intervention, they radioed “We will hold out until our last bullet is spent. Could do with some whiskey”
- To raise money for World War II, a three-way baseball game was played in New York between the Yankees, Dodgers, and Giants. It ended up raising more than $56 million in war bonds.
- in 2008, Somali Pirates captured an Iranian cargo vessel whose mysterious contents poisoned and killed 16 of it’s captors. Although the demanded ransom was $2.5 million dollars, the U.S. Government offered $7 million to board and search the ship.
A father buys a lie detecting robot that slaps a person when he lies. He decides to test it out on his son at supper. “Where were you last night?” “I was at the library.” The robot slaps the son. “Okay, I was at a friend’s house.” “Doing what?” asks the father. “Watching a movie, Toy Story.” The robot slaps the son. “Okay, it was porn!” cries the son. The father yells, “What? When I was your age, I didn’t know what porn was!” The robot slaps the father. The mother laughs and says, “He certainly is your son!” The robot slaps the mother.