- Our solar system takes 225 million years to rotate around the Milky Way. So the last time the earth was in this position, dinosaurs were just beginning to roam the earth.
- All Olympic curling stones are made of a rare type of granite that is only found on a tiny island in Scotland.
- Somе librariеs allow you to chеck out sееds with thе intеntion that you will rеplacе thе sееds whеn your crop is harvеstеd.
- During WWII, when Sergeant Leonard A. Funk was confronted by 90 German soldiers that had captured his squad, he began to laugh hysterically at the situation. Many of the enemy soldiers began to laugh along with him, until Funk wiped out his machine gun, gunning down 21 and capturing the rest.
- A chimpanzee named Santino was known to collect rocks and pieces of concrete in the hour before his exhibit opened. Come showtime, he would hurl the dessert plate-sized rocks at zoo patrons.
Wicked Wikipedia article
- Fire Department light bulb has been on since the 1890s.
- Tiger versus lion
- The Vacuum Catastrophe refers to a disagreement of 107 orders of magnitude, termed “the worst theoretical prediction in the history of physics”
Articulate (Reddit) article
- If drag is such an issue on planes, why are the planes not covered in dimples like a golf ball?
- Why is silver anti-microbial?
- Can cats/dogs recognize other animals in photos?
- ELI5: Why does the United States have bases in so many countries? Is this still necessary?
- ELI5: Why does it smell worse when you fart in water?