- Thomas Edison taught his second wife Morse code so they could communicate in secret by tapping into each other’s hands when her family was around
- After major symphony orchestras switched to holding blind auditions, the acceptance (hiring) of female musicians went up as much as 55%
- US goverment set a bunch of beer next to an atomic bomb blast to determine if it was still drinkable. In the event of a nuclear war, beer is safe to drink
- An average tree is made up of 99% dead cells, only around 1% is alive at any time, consisting of the leaves, root tips, and phloem a thin layer of under bark that acts as a food delivery system.
- After hitting his head in the shallow end of a swimming pool, a man awoke with the condition known as aquired musical savant syndrome. He had become a great pianist without ever learning to play.
- In early 1900s German kids used to die from diarrhea until a doctor invented carrot stew which saved thousands of lives