- Australian scientists created a hydrating, hangover free beer
- China is building MASSIVE cities just to keep builders busy and generate growth. The result are ghost metropolis.
- A man once rescued a newborn baby from a dumpster only to find out the baby was his!
- Over 1100 men died aboard the USS Arizona in the attack on Pearl Harbor. When a survivor of the attack passes away, they have the option to be interred inside the ship, to be buried with the rest of their crew.
- Winston Churchill’s famous witticisms were planned weeks in advance by studying the issues and imaging all possible social interactions. He did this to combat a speech impediment.
Wicked Wikipedia article
- Recorded happening 38 times since the 80s, patients mysteriously come back to life on their own long after being pronounced dead.
- Chlorine trifluoride has been reported to ignite sand, asbestos, and other highly fire-retardant materials. Reacts violently with water-based suppressors, and oxidizes in the absence of atmospheric oxygen, CO2 and halon are completely ineffective. It ignites glass on contact.
- Dueling scar
Articulate (Reddit) article
- Has there ever been a blind test to see if people prefer sample A or sample B ?
- In Japan, it is common for people with cold infections to wear surgical masks in public. Does this affect the rate of infection in Japan? If so, why does no government elsewhere promote them?
- Why do some medicines give you an upset stomach or nausea unless it is taken with solid food?
- ELI5 Why don’t we call countries by the names they call themselves?
- ELI5:Do animals from different countries have different ‘languages’?