Splendid space shot
- To be a London black cab driver, one is expected to know over 25,000 roads and 50,000 points of interest and pass a test called “The Knowledge”. To pass the exam, applicants usually need twelve appearances and 34 months of preparation.
- A Subaru production plant in Lafayette, Indiana has celebrated almost a decade of being ‘zero landfill’, while producing more than 1.7 million cars. The plant is also a designated wildlife habitat, co-existing peacefully with wildlife in the area.
- There is a theory that Homo erectus could have never evolved without cooking. I.e. that cooking is what made us human.
- When Monty Python made their videos available for free on YouTube, their DVDs climbed to No. 2 on Amazon’s Movies & TV bestsellers list, with increased sales of 23,000 percent.
- The song “Stairway to Heaven” has more radio air time than the amount of time that is has been a song. (It was released in 1971)
- “Muphry’s Law” is an intentional misspelling of “Murphy’s Law” which states that anything written to criticize the spelling or proofreading of others will ironically contain editing mistakes as well.
Sick site, yo!