- Gordon Ramsay challenged James May from Top Gear to eat three delicacies as a “test of a man.” The third delicacy was rotten shark, which Ramsay spat out, while May finished and responded, “You disappoint me, Ramsay.”
- Leonardo DiCaprio was named Leonardo because his pregnant mother was looking at a Leonardo da Vinci painting in a museum in Italy when DiCaprio first kicked
- Marvel Comics created a superhero, Blue Ear, just for a 4 year old boy who was uncomfortable wearing hearing aids, which he needed. The boy told his mom “Superheroes don’t wear hearing aids” so Marvel created one.
- A Hungarian man was shot in the frontal lobe during World War 1, making it impossible for him to fall asleep. He continued to live a full, sleepless life.
- Wal-Mart, Coca-Cola, American Airlines and two other corporations released a movie called Proud American in 2008. The movie featured a overly-patriotic storyline about the wonders of American life. It was a failure, and became IMDB’s worst movie of the 2000’s.
- In 1984 An automatic weapon was fired from the Libyan embassy in London, injuring 11 and killing a British policewoman. However, the killer enjoyed diplomatic immunity. Because the killer was never brought to justice the UK later allowed the USA to bomb Libya from American bases in the UK.
Appealing (Android) App