Old Cincinnati library, circa 1900.
As few as 40 Javan Rhinoceros are left in the wild, and they exist in only one small area of Indonesia. There are 0 in captivity.
The Capital “A” was actually impressive to carve.🙂
- In the early nineties, actor Ving Rhames (aka Marcellus Wallace) met a homeless man who turned out to be his older brother who had been lost to his family since Vietnam
- The Two Oldest Cats on record lived to 38 and 34 years old, both were owned by the same owner and lived off a diet of bacon, eggs, broccoli and coffee.
- In Finland, traffic fines are proportionate to the latest available data on an offender’s income. In October 2001, Anssi Vanjoki (at the time a director at Nokia) was ordered to pay a fine of 116,000 euros after being caught driving at 75 km/h in a 50km/h zone.
- A child named “Genie” was once locked alone in a room from the age of 20 months to 13 years, unexposed to speech
- There is an empty point in space where the gravity from the earth and the Sun is equal, and objects can orbit it as if there was something there.
- Matt Smith was almost cast as Doctor Watson in Sherlock, because Martin Freeman was so grumpy in his audition
One passion-filled night