- After Russell Crowe publicly trashed George Clooney for being in an ad, Clooney sent him a note saying, “Dude, the only people who succeed when two famous people are fighting is People magazine. What is wrong with you?”
- Benjamin Franklin wasn’t trusted to write the Declaration of Independence as it was feared he would put a joke in it.
- The Rhinoceros Party was a registered party in Canada during 1960s to 90s, led by Cornelius, a rhinoceros, and promised to repeal the law of gravity and change Canada’s currency to bubble gum, so it could be inflated or deflated at will.
- German chocolate cake isn’t German; it’s named after an American chocolate maker named Sam German who developed the dark chocolate originally used in the recipe.
- Johnny Weissmuller, famous for his role as Tarzan, was playing golf in Cuba during the Revolution when he was surrounded by a group of rebels. He immediately gave his trademark Tarzan yell. The soldiers recognized it and were so delighted to meet… Tarzan that they escorted him to a safe area.
- An abandoned lifeboat was found on the world’s most remote island in 1964. Its origin is still a mystery.
A man is sitting at home and a police office knocks on his door.
The officer asks him if he is married and the man replies, “Yes I am.”
He then asks him if he has a recent picture of his wife. “Sure hold on a second.”
The officer looks at the picture, and in a sad voice says, “I’m sorry, but it looks like your wife has been hit by a train.”
The man says, “I know, but she has a good personality and is an excellent cook.”