Splendid space shot
- During filming of Star Wars: Episode I, Ewan McGregor kept imitating the noise of his lightsaber during the fights even though George Lucas explained many times that this would be added in by the special effects people later on. Ewan said “I keep getting carried away”.
- The longest anyone has ever survived in a shipwrecked raft was 133 days by a Chinese man named Poon Lim. He survived the ordeal by fishing, drinking bird blood, and killing a shark with a jug of water. He died exactly 23 years ago at the age of 72.
- Stephen Hawking once tried to find potential time travelers by throwing a party and only sending out invitations after the party.
- There is a genetic disease that results in short stature, longer life expectancy, and near immunity to cancer and diabetes. People with this condition actually look like Hobbits.
- Oskar Schindler became virtually destitute after the war and became bankrupt after trying to raise chickens in Argentina. For the rest of his life, he survived off gifts and donations from the Jews he had saved during the war.
- Contrary to popular thinking, wolves are not dominated by an “Alpha Wolf” that is the most aggressive male, or male-female pairing, of the pack. Rather, they have found that wolf packs are similar to human families, and there is little aggression or fights for “dominance.”