- A man who was lost in the woods chopped down some power lines so that workers would have to come and rescue him.
- As First Lady, Eleanor Roosevelt allowed only female journalists at her press conferences, ensuring that newspapers would have to hire women.
- 1,311 people live in Verkhoyansk, Russia. A town with an avg. temp of -45 °C (-50 °F) in January that was also attacked by a pack of 400 wolves last year. The sun currently rises at 2pm and sets at 3:30pm.
- Coffee was so influential in Turkish culture that the Turkish word for ‘breakfast’ literally translates to ‘before coffee’ and the word brown translates to ‘the color of coffee.’
- American speech is punctuated with “uh” & “um”, English speech with “er” & “erm”, Japanese with “ā”, “anō”, & “ēto”, German with “äh”, French with “euh”– basically, every language uses different sounds to interrupt themselves while their brain is working on forming thoughts into words.
Gay (as happy) game