- In October of 1994 Pulp Fiction, Forrest Gump, The Shawshank Redemption and Jurassic Park were all in theatres at the same time.
- The United States experiences 75% of the worlds known tornadoes
- VLC Media Player uses a traffic cone as it’s logo because the students who created the program had a traffic cone collection.
- Shirley Temple’s mother took her to see Santa at the mall when she was young. The mall santa asked for her autograph, and this is when she stopped believing in Santa Claus
- Researchers have taken the HIV virus, modified it and then used it to reprogram a cancer patients white blood cells to attack and completely kill off the cancer
Wicked Wikipedia article
- In 1988, a Mac magazine sent out a harmless computer virus. It got a little bit out of hand.
- World’s funniest joke
- American history teacher undertook an experiment to recreate a fascist movement “Third wave” in his class to explain how German people could have claimed ignorance of the Holocaust
- The Islamic Golden Age is an historical period beginning in the mid 8th century lasting until the Mongol conquest of Baghdad in 1258. During this period the Arab world became an intellectual center for science, philosophy, medicine and education
Articulate (Reddit) article
- Does long term silence or lack of speech (as some monks vow, for example) damage or atrophy the vocal chords or other means of speech?
- How deep can a mine be before the heat is too great?
- Do woodpeckers have physiological adaptations that protect their brains from the repeated impact events as they peck?
- ELI5: If we all suddenly started driving Teslas, wouldn’t the corresponding electricity demand (and coal burning) negate any positive effect of the drop in vehicle emissions?
- ELI5: What “voice” do I hear in my head when I’m reading?
- ELI5: I’ve heard since you’re constantly losing and regenerating cells about every 7 years you have a completely new body. If this is true how are tattoos permanent?